FlyCloser Reflection #2



Recently I have been communicating with Coach Morris about different activities that are coming up for volleyball. In April, we have a team camp as well as open gyms. About a month ago, Thomas Nelson High School participated in another RUSH, however this time we invited that eighth graders from four different middle schools to come. We invited, New Haven, Bloomfield, Boston, and Old Kentucky Home middle school. They had the opportunity to go around and speak with each organization from each club. Most girls came to the volleyball booth where they received a living calendar packet and a sheet of paper that contained information about the middle school camp in April. I was not able to reach out to all of the younger class men, but I am going to reach out to the local schools and give them a flyer that has all the information they need. Communicating with younger kids and their schools can really benefit the Thomas Nelson Volleyball team in the future.

If I start to lead an example by communicating with middle schools, staff at Thomas Nelson High School and my volleyball coach it will teach the leaders underneath of  me to do it. For example, next year our Student Organization Council member is going to be Maddie Brown. She will have the role to talk to younger class men and leave her own type of legacy. Although,  I have only been involved in SOC for my senior year, I have been a leader on the team since my freshman year. I was JV captain my freshman, sophomore, and junior year and was the Varsity captain my junior and senior year. The advice that I would communicate to Maddie is to reach out to other teams, organizations, and staff at Thomas Nelson High School. Do not take it for granted, because once its gone there is no going back. Image may contain: 3 people, people playing sports, basketball court and shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment